Monday, December 20, 2010

December 20

CHANGES COMING IN 2011.  PLEASE READ ABOUT THEM IN THE COLUMN ON THE RIGHT.

Today's Reading

Haggai's prophetic work took place during the time that the Temple -- destroyed by Babylon -- was in ruins. The people who were in Judah could have used the season under God's judgment to repent, but instead they were trying to just enrich themselves. Their choice to build nice homes for themselves while the Temple was in ruins was deeply offensive to God. It would be like you and me focusing only on wealth and pleasure in this life and failing to invest in our own spiritual growth and relationship with God. When they repented, God promised to bless them.

Revelation.Some believe that the two witnesses are incarnations of Moses and Elijah. They were the two who met with Christ on the Mount of Transfiguration and they represent the Law and the Prophets of the Old Testament. Perhaps they are two whom God raises up for this special assignment. Perhaps they are symbolic of the few true witnesses who will be alive in that dark day.

Psalms"17 How precious are your thoughts about me, O God.
They cannot be numbered!
18 I can’t even count them;
they outnumber the grains of sand!
And when I wake up,
you are still with me!"
Wouldn't it be great if we could truly grasp this every morning when we rise to start the day?

Proverbs. May I live in such a way that nothing except God Himself so occupies me that I want Him more and more. Constantly.

Your thoughts today?

No comments:

Post a Comment