Wednesday, September 19, 2012

September 19


Today's Reading

Over many years, Isaiah received and delivered variations of God's message to His people. If you are familiar with music, you know that much of our music is variations of a theme. The composer introduces the theme (ta-ta-ta-DAH in Beethoven's Fifth) and keeps bringing it back with slightly different sounds. That's what the prophet heard God doing with the prophecies coming from heaven. The message was ever clearer: judgment was coming, then repentance, then blessing. The nations that seemed so powerful would fall. AND that's what happened!

Galatians"4 For if you are trying to make yourselves right with God by keeping the law, you have been cut off from Christ! You have fallen away from God’s grace." Paul is NOT saying that this causes you to lose your salvation. You will lose your joy and your hope because the person who has no greater foundation than their own works is building her/his life on sand -- when it shifts, the life comes tumbling down!

Psalms. When I remember just how much I need God, I lean on Him for provision. He provides. I praise. I think about his goodness. And then, unfortunately, I tend to forget for a little while until I remember again just how much I need Him.

Proverbs. I am living in the latter years of this verse. May I honor the memory of my dad by caring for my mom.

What speaks to you, fellow Climber?

No comments:

Post a Comment