Sunday, October 10, 2010

October 10

Today's Reading

Jeremiah received his marching orders from the Lord. What do you think of God's admonition to him against spending time with the people and against marriage? God spoke graphically about the coming judgment. But He added this promise: “If you return to me, I will restore you so you can continue to serve me."

1 Thessalonians. Paul was not universally accepted in his day. Many people complained and spread rumors about him. That's one reason I think he found great joy in this church that was enduring hardship and standing firm in the Gospel.

Psalms. Again, in today's passage, the Psalmist is asking God's favor after judgment had fallen upon his land. It is the judgment foretold in Jeremiah.

Proverbs. I recently read something in which a teacher commented about the peaceful day in her classroom. Then she remembered that the biggest troublemaker wasn't in school that day.

What insights can you share with us?

1 comment:

  1. I haven't been having my quiet times. No excuses . . . just haven't. Not sure why I do that because I have a unexplainable contentment when I'm walking close to the Lord that is absent when I'm choosing to fill my time with other things. Anyway, back in it.

    I noticed today that Paul was telling the Thessalonians about filling the gaps in their faith. That's what I feel like today - very "gappy". I long to have the Lord fill those gaps. I'm praying for that today.

    ReplyDelete