Saturday, October 16, 2010

October 16

Today's Reading

It's easy to read this part of Jeremiah and wonder why in the world the people didn't just universally believe him and repent. After all, one prophecy after another came true! Have you noticed that people in our time and place always have "reasons" to believe something other than the truth. "The god of this age has blinded the minds of unbelievers..." (2 Cor. 4:4)

1 Timothy. The two letters to Timothy are like a father writing to his son. "5 The purpose of my instruction is that all believers would be filled with love that comes from a pure heart, a clear conscience, and genuine faith." That's a verse worth meditating on!

Psalms. I have often met little children and bent down to have a conversation with them. As I get older, I must listen more carefully to their tiny, often shy voices. That's what I thought about when I read, "1 Bend down, O Lord, and hear my prayer;".

Proverbs contains a word to the wise. It's good to live by!

What do you notice today?

No comments:

Post a Comment