Wednesday, June 8, 2011

June 8, Day 159

Today's Reading

Proverbs. Today's chapters are a treasure trove of verses, several of which are often quoted (and sometimes misquoted).  My 85-year-old mom told me that she's just getting used to the accurate "Pride goes before destruction and a haughty spirit before a fall", one of the most frequent of misquoted Bible verses.  For me, today's "verse" was, "Grandchildren are the crowning glory of the aged; parents are the pride of their children." (Proverbs 17:6 NLT) To put it simply, I'm proud of my grandkids!  I'm also proud of my parents; too bad I gave them such grief when I was young!

4 comments:

  1. Prov 17:7 struck me today... "Eloquent word are not fitting for a fool; even less are lies fitting for a ruler." It made me think of our countries leader... He is very eloquent in his lies. Of course, that's only my opinion!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very well put, Chewbarka. Hope all is well with you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So, Chewie, how often to you pray for him? One of the best things we can do is pray for our leaders. I don't do it enough.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That same verse stuck out to me about the Grandparents. I was bummed that I hadn't read this yesterday, like I was supposed to, cause it would have been a fantastic scripture to put in my dad's father's day card... but I mailed it this morning. UGH!

    ReplyDelete