Saturday, July 30, 2011

July 30, Day 211

Today's Reading

Today's chapters in Isaiah remind me of one of those produce fields we often see in our area.  It's not uncommon to see a field planted with a variety of different plants, each growing healthily.  A few rows of one variety, then a few rows of another, then another.

Chapter 54: "Spread out your home...you will soon be bursting at the seams!"

Chapter 55: “The rain and snow come down from the heavens and stay on the ground to water the earth. They cause the grain to grow, producing seed for the farmer and bread for the hungry.  It is the same with My Word..."

Chapter 56: “I will also bless the foreigners who commit themselves to the Lord
who serve him and love his name, who worship him and do not desecrate the Sabbath day of rest, and who hold fast to my covenant. I will bring them to my holy mountain of Jerusalem and will fill them with joy in my house of prayer."

Chapter 57: "I will comfort those who mourn."

Chapter 58: "This is the kind of fasting I want..."

No comments:

Post a Comment