Sunday, August 21, 2011

August 21, Day 233

Today's Reading

I am always amazed at this part of Jeremiah. "Jeremiah, tell us what God wants us to do and we'll do it, no matter what it is."

"Stay in Judah. Don't flee to Egypt. You'll fall under God's judgment if you go to Egypt." (Remember, Egypt symbolizes the world system in Scripture.)

"We won't do that! We MUST go to Egypt! They are the only ones who can help us. We don't CARE that we're sacrificing to other gods!" (Scary, huh!)

The message to Baruch (Jeremiah's scribe) in Chapter 45 is potent: Are you seeking great things for yourself? Don't do it! I will bring great disaster upon all these people; but I will give you your life as a reward wherever you go. I, the Lord , have spoken!'" (Jeremiah 45:5 NLT) I have made the mistake of seeking great things for myself. It's worthless!



No comments:

Post a Comment