Saturday, November 26, 2011

November 26, Day 330

Today's Reading



Each year I find places to reflect as I read the Bible through. Today I did that in Acts 17. I could imagine Paul and his team in Thessalonica. Then in Berea. (By the way, he wrote two rich letters to the Thessalonians, but none to the Bereans, who were so faithful to search the scriptures -- hmmm.) Then they went to Athens, where he joyfully debated with their brilliant minds. (Our daughter lives within five miles of Harvard, MIT, Tufts, Boston College, Boston University and several other prestigious institutions of higher learning -- I think that's how Athens was in the Roman Empire.) Some of those debaters wanted to hear more and some were immediately ready to follow Christ. The power of the Gospel!

No comments:

Post a Comment