Tuesday, November 29, 2011

November 29, Day 333

Today's Reading



As we read 1 and 2 Corinthians over the next few days, I urge you to take the time to let it sink in. I found rich treasure in many verses today. For instance, God chose things despised by the world, things counted as nothing at all, and used them to bring to nothing what the world considers important. (1 Corinthians 1:28 NLT) I read on Black Friday where a pastor critically described it as the day we practice our deep beliefs in life, liberty and the purchase of happiness. Obviously the world around us grows more unhappy every year because we have missed God!

How about this one? My conscience is clear, but that doesn't prove I'm right. It is the Lord himself who will examine me and decide. (1 Corinthians 4:4 NLT) Once our conscience is seared by the view that right and wrong are relative, even we believers must be careful to place everything in light of God's judgment.

No comments:

Post a Comment