Wednesday, April 4, 2012

April 4

Today's Reading

Deuteronomy. I have grown in understanding and gratitude for this description of bringing the first offerings in the new land. What a powerful reminder that it was God that got them here. I can "see" the visual effect of pronouncing the curses from Mount Ebal and the blessings from Mount

Luke. I wonder how the simplicity of Christ's model prayer originally struck the disciples. Do you think that maybe they were looking for something "deeper?" Which phrase of this prayer means the most to you? Why?

This is the year that Jesus' story about persistent prayer is really taking hold in my life. What a picture!

Psalms. In the end, God alone is left standing. The rest of us will be kneeling before Him, either in broken defeat or unbridled worship. I so long for that day!

Proverbs. wise person always listens, learning from everyone and discerning truth from error.

Your comments today? I would love to hear them!

No comments:

Post a Comment