Thursday, November 18, 2010

November 18

Today's Reading

Ezekiel. When everything looks hopeless, God offers new life. The word picture of breathing life into the dry bones is descriptive of what happens when a spiritually lifeless sinner receives Jesus. Wow!

If, as Joel Rosenberg has written (and I agree with him), Magog is Moscow (or Russia, in a more general sense), Ezekiel 38 is a gripping prophetic picture of conflicts to come and God's miraculous intervention.

James. Where do I begin? Hmmmm, let's see. My anger won't fix the world. If I can't control my tongue, my religion is worthless. I'm to care about and for the poor, including widows and orphans. Oh, and I'm not to show favor to the rich and famous. I must be merciful. Why? Because faith without good works is useless!

Psalms 117. I learned this little Psalm as a praise chorus many years ago. It comes back and rings in my head every time I read it. That's a great way to memorize Scripture!  I recently read a page correcting a common internet error about the middle chapter of the Bible.  Psalm 117 is actually the middle chapter.  While I don't think it is some secret message, I think it's beautiful that the Bible, which begins with, "In the beginning, God..." and ends with, "May the grace of our Lord Jesus be with God's holy people," has such such encouragement and promise in the middle.

Proverbs. The godly are bold for the name and honor of Him!

What is speaking to you today?

No comments:

Post a Comment