Sunday, November 28, 2010

November 28

Today's Reading

Daniel. I can't think of a more radical rapid turn of events in history. It took us three days to see the death on the cross become the victory of the empty tomb. Ananias and Saphira (Acts 5) were brought down, but not from such a lofty height. At the beginning of the evening recorded here, Belshazzar was on top of the world. I can almost hear him gloating about drinking from the golden cups of God's Temple. No doubt he and his elite made great sport of the idea of their power over nations. Suddenly, a hand appeared. By the end of the night, the armies of Medo-Persia were inside the fortress-city and conquering the kingdom. "...until he learned that the Most High God rules over the kingdoms of the world and appoints anyone he desires to rule over them."

2 Peter. I was going to comment on this chapter. I am afraid I would write all day and you would quickly tire of reading. Instead, if you have already read the chapter, I encourage you to take a few minutes and read it again. Read it slowly. Chew on it. Soak it in.

Psalms. We live in a world that is stained and scarred by sin. People have agendas. Pressures bruise us. How do we navigate? "125 Give discernment to me, your servant;
then I will understand your laws."


Proverbs. It is far better to toil away and gradually build a reputation as someone who is "trustworthy" than to run from one "get rich quick" scheme to another.

How's it going, Climbing Companion? We are on the home stretch and the finish line is just around the corner!

No comments:

Post a Comment