Monday, October 31, 2011

October 31, Day 304

Today's Reading



"Yes," Jesus replied, "and I assure you that everyone who has given up house or brothers or sisters or mother or father or children or property, for my sake and for the Good News, will receive now in return a hundred times as many houses, brothers, sisters, mothers, children, and property—along with persecution. And in the world to come that person will have eternal life. (Mark 10:29, 30 NLT)

I have tended to want Christ to give me the first part of these verses, but without the persecution. The more I think about it, even the first part doesn't fit with my worldview. Houses can mean staying with friends who provide a room. Family can mean fellow servants of His. How could someone who had no place to lay His head be talking about earthly mansions that keep me separate from the pain of the world?

1 comment:

  1. I love how in this version, (Mark 10:21), it says "Jesus looked at him and loved him" when responding to the rich young man :)

    ReplyDelete