Sunday, October 9, 2011

October 9, Day 282

Today's Reading

I found it very helpful that we were able to see some events in Jesus' life from three different perspectives today. The passage, though, that jumped off the page at me was, When they came down from the mountain, the disciples stood with Jesus on a large, level area, surrounded by many of his followers and by the crowds. There were people from all over Judea and from Jerusalem and from as far north as the seacoasts of Tyre and Sidon. They had come to hear him and to be healed of their diseases; and those troubled by evil spirits were healed. Everyone tried to touch him, because healing power went out from him, and he healed everyone. (Luke 6:17-19 NLT)

I wonder what it was like for Jesus to heal so many that day. Must have been a huge party!

5 comments:

  1. In mat 12:43-45, where Jesus talks about the evil spirit returning with seven after being cast out, is he talking about sin returning stronger than before if you don't then fill yourself with Him or Is he talking literally about demons returning times 7? Or neither?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think He meant it just the way He said it. I just reread This Present Darkness and am convinced we are entering a rise in spiritual activity in this country.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So then, after demons are cast out how do you keep the "house" from being empty so that seven can't return? Inviting Jesus in or is there more?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Asking for the Holy Spirit to fill you. Also, it can involve removing anything from your life or your home that gives the demons an open door back in. In some cases, it's best to seek counsel from someone who has training and gifting in spiritual warfare. They will help confront the real issues and avoid the false answer of legalism.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This Makes lots of sense. I remember when I was young hearing this teaching but it was from my brothers and they were just in high school and had it all mixed up. It scared me back then and then I guess I just forgot about it till reading it now. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete