Saturday, July 21, 2012

July 21


Today's Reading

2 Chronicles. Today's passage is the beginning of the account of God demonstrating His Shekinah (His glorious presence) at the dedication of the Temple.

Romans. We can be so much like little children. "Don't touch that hot iron," we say sternly. The next thing we know, the child is inching toward the iron wanting to see just what our command means. Because of sin, we do that with God's Law. On the other hand, the Law shows us our sin so that we can recognize our need for a Savior.

Psalms. I once was not as confident as David was in this prayer. When God scrutinized me, I wasn't absolutely sure that He found nothing wrong. This is a growth area for me and I'm so grateful. My walk is more consistent, my repentance is more timely and my fellowship with Him is more sure than ever before. Hallelujah! How are you?

Proverbs. I admire loyalty, even when the person receiving it is very flawed. A loyal person has a special quality, from my point of view.

And what do you think? Questions?

No comments:

Post a Comment