Tuesday, July 24, 2012

July 24


Today's Reading

2 Chronicles. It doesn't get much simpler than this. When the leaders of the people led the way, the people followed. If they led toward intimacy with God, God protected and blessed them. If they led away from Him, they went through troubles. I must remember their example.

Romans. Many of you have favorite passages of Scripture. Romans 8 has to be among mine. The last part was my dad's favorite part of the whole Bible. In addition, I keep discovering what it means to pray for someone without knowing words to pray. God's promise of the Spirit's intercession for us means more and more to me.

Psalms. We must decide what we will do when we taste God's victory in some area of our lives. It is tempting to put a leash on our sin and hide it in a closet of our hearts. David said, "I did not stop until they were conquered." His attitude is what we must maintain to truly grow up in the faith.

Proverbs. Father, I always want to be open to correction, even when it comes with wrong motives.

And what are your thoughts as you read today?

No comments:

Post a Comment