Friday, August 24, 2012

August 24


Today's Reading

Job. In his initial response to suffering, Job seemed to simply question, "Why?" All the while, he maintained his innocence. He seems to turn a corner today, getting a bit frustrated with his "friends" who keep trying to add guilt to Job's woes. Job even gets direct with God: "23 Tell me, what have I done wrong?
Show me my rebellion and my sin.
24 Why do you turn away from me?
Why do you treat me as your enemy?"
 Eliphaz comes back with his second speech, a further accusation that it must be sin causing Job's problems.

1 Corinthians"Our bodies are buried in brokenness, but they will be raised in glory. They are buried in weakness, but they will be raised in strength." That didn't mean much to me when I was younger. I understand it more and more. What about you?

Psalms. It is often in my trials that I am reminded -- my only hope is in God. Then my heart is able to settle down and I can rest.

Proverbs. Ultimately our lives are in God's hands. He is faithful with us and accomplishes His plans.

What are you grateful for today?

No comments:

Post a Comment