Monday, October 1, 2012

October 1


Today's Reading

We are now about 3/4 of the way toward the end of our climb through the Scriptures. How are you doing? Some have joined along the way and we are grateful. Thank you all for continuing to faithfully read.

Isaiah today includes the wrong way to repent: "17 Lord, why have you allowed us to turn from your path?
Why have you given us stubborn hearts so we no longer fear you?
Return and help us, for we are your servants,
the tribes that are your special possession."
 The next chapter shows the right way to repent: "5 You welcome those who gladly do good,
who follow godly ways.
But you have been very angry with us,
for we are not godly.
We are constant sinners;
how can people like us be saved?"
 God longs to restore us and forgive us, but we must approach Him with a broken and contrite heart. We cannot blame Him for our sins, but must take full responsibility upon ourselves.

Philippians. Paul's love for the followers of Christ was like that of a dad for his children. He cared for them and wanted the best for them. That's why he was so fierce about those who would lead them astray.

As I read today's Psalm, I thought, "I don't struggle that much anymore when I see wicked people prosper." Immediately my mind when to driving down the road and noticing a pickup truck all jacked up to twice it's normal height. Then I think of all the money it took to do that and I notice how the driver is riding right on my bumper. Maybe I struggle in ways I hadn't thought of! This Psalm closes with "I have made the Sovereign Lord my shelter,
and I will tell everyone about the wonderful things you do."
 Lord, please help me remember to love and pray for those whom I find frustrating; they need Christ.

Proverbs. Wisdom is like honey. Mmmmmmm.

What spoke to you today?

No comments:

Post a Comment