Sunday, October 28, 2012

October 28


Today's Reading

Jeremiah concludes his prophecy with the promise of God's judgment on Babylon. At the end of his words, it seems an historian added a description of the Fall of Jerusalem given in significant detail. I believe that God wanted us to understand the price of serving other gods and warn us against that behavior.

Titus"3 Once we, too, were foolish and disobedient. We were misled and became slaves to many lusts and pleasures. Our lives were full of evil and envy, and we hated each other.
4 But—'When God our Savior revealed his kindness and love, 5 he saved us, not because of the righteous things we had done, but because of his mercy. He washed away our sins, giving us a new birth and new life through the Holy Spirit.'"
 That, in a nutshell, is the story of my life. Is it yours, too?

Psalms. I often must choose to open my heart in worship at our church. I love our church and I love the types of services we have. But sometimes I am compressed by the cares of life and must worship by choice, not by feeling. The feelings often follow.

Proverbs. I can recall words I said as a joke that caused great hurt. I have lived these verses.

What speaks to you today?

No comments:

Post a Comment