Thursday, December 24, 2009

December 24

Today's Reading

Zechariah. Christ as often called "the Branch", but I never before noticed the following verses: "2 Tell him, ‘This is what the Lord of Heaven’s Armies says: Here is the man called the Branch. He will branch out from where he is and build the Temple of the Lord. 13 Yes, he will build the Temple of the Lord." WE are the Lord's temple! Christ as branched out all over the planet and made it possible for us to receive a new, clean heart where God can live. Amen!

Revelation. This chapter is a great contrast. On the one hand are those who rejoice because they have endured persecution and are in the presence of God. On the other hand, the angels are preparing to bring about more judgment on the wickedness of the planet.

Psalms. "8 Let me hear of your unfailing love each morning,
for I am trusting you.
Show me where to walk,
for I give myself to you."
I think that God loves it when we pray prayers like that!

Proverbs. It strikes me that that this little series of observations was part of Solomon's wisdom. He watched what was happening around him and pondered its meaning.

What are you pondering in today's reading?

2 comments:

  1. I love the picture of the people standing on the glass sea mixed with fire singing the song of Moses. I wonder if those are the people who came to Christ during the tribulation? It kind of sounds like it because they were victorious over the beast, his statue and the number representing him. I would love to hear that song as they proclaim the just and true ways of the Almighty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I believe that they are the ones who have come to Christ during the tribulation, unless some scholars are right and the rapture is either mid or post trib. In those scenarios, they are simply people persecuted for their faith during the trib. Great question, Ranelle!

    ReplyDelete