Wednesday, August 25, 2010

August 25

Today's Reading

The latter part of Job today shows that he has begun to acknowledge God's ultimate victory and is glad for it. Still, though, Job is not settled in his heart. He is wrestling with what's going on. He is upset at his friends. Life isn't what he thinks it should be so he is not at peace. I know the feeling sometimes.

Paul closes this letter of 1 Corinthians with his special love for their city and their church. He wants to spend a length of time there. He wants them to know that they are not alone. He wants them to respect their spiritual leaders. All are important reminders for a church with so many problems. His final words are telling: those who don't love Christ are cursed, but Paul wants grace and love to permeate God's people.

Psalm 40. "I waited patiently for the Lord; He turned and heard my cry." Amen!

Proverbs. It takes years to earn a good name and one dumb mistake to destroy it. May we live in such a way that people will see our good words and glorify the Father in heaven!

What have you noticed today?

1 comment:

  1. It's amazing that after all he has been through Job still says:
    “But as for me, I know that my Redeemer lives,
    and he will stand upon the earth at last.
    26 And after my body has decayed,
    yet in my body I will see God![d]
    27 I will see him for myself.
    Yes, I will see him with my own eyes.
    I am overwhelmed at the thought!

    I pray for this kind of attitude when trouble comes.

    ReplyDelete