Thursday, August 5, 2010

August 5

Today's Reading

Ezra begins where 2 Chronicles left off. After God's planned "Sabbath" of 70 years for the land that had forgotten Sabbaths, God worked in the heart of a pagan king, Cyrus, and sent His people home. Ezra gives the roll call of those who went back to the Promised Land. It tells also about the refurbishing of the Temple in Jerusalem. What a homecoming they had!

1 Corinthians today is more personal to me than ever before. Some people I love more than life itself are caught up in this world's wisdom which considers the ways of God "foolishness." I find comfort in Paul's simple proclamation of the cross. It makes me even more focused in my prayers because only God can bring a person away from the wisdom of the world to the only source of Eternal Life.

Psalms. "13 Yet I am confident I will see the Lord’s goodness while I am here in the land of the living.

14 Wait patiently for the Lord.
Be brave and courageous.
Yes, wait patiently for the Lord."


Amen!

Proverbs. Be cautious that you don't try to take matters into your own hands. If someone is being treated unfairly by a double standard, God is not pleased. Let Him handle it!

What do you notice? What speaks to you?

No comments:

Post a Comment