Sunday, August 1, 2010

August 1

Today's Reading

2 Chronicles. When all God's people have a heart to give, the church has plenty for ministry and plenty to help others. It was that way then. It's that way now. When many live below God's design in this area of their lives, churches and ministries struggle, even if they love God and try to serve Him. Sadly, the average per capita giving in American churches is under 3% of income, according to studies. What would happen and what would be unleashed if we all gave at least a tithe (10%)?

Romans. I know that Jesus was a servant without hesitation. I am concerned about my attitude in this area. If I were brutally forced to serve someone, could I do so with kindness? I'm just not sure.

Psalms. "For the honor of your name, O Lord,
forgive my many, many sins."
I would add many, many more "manys" to my confession!

Proverbs. An honest day's work for an honest day's pay. Deal honestly in business. Great reminders, huh?

What do you notice? What speaks to you?

No comments:

Post a Comment