Saturday, July 31, 2010

July 31

Today's Reading

2 Chronicles. It's easy to imagine Hezekiah pondering the sorry state of the Temple in the years leading up to his reign. He must have, for he gave the restoration order in the first month he was king. It's also a lesson that it only took 16 days to make it ready for worship again. The people had been neglecting their worship for the lack of 16 days of effort. How many "small" things do I allow to keep me from time with God?

Romans. It is easy to judge someone else when they live with a freedom we don't have. It is also easy to flaunt our freedom in front of someone who is bound in a set of rules. Both are wrong.

Psalms today is a great call to worship. Throw open the gates! Unlock the doors! Let the King of the earth and all it contains enter as we bow in reverence!

Proverbs. Cathy and I have been laughing recently. My eyesight is still pretty good, but my hearing has taken some hits. She is just the opposite. I told her I will drive and talk. She can sit and listen. I'm not sure her non-talking role will work for her. She prefers me to drive so she can do other stuff.

What are your thoughts today? Questions about the passages?

No comments:

Post a Comment