Saturday, May 21, 2011

May 21, Day 141

Today's Reading

2 Samuel. I imagined the media of today writing the story of King David after he died.  "Giant Slayer Dies!", the headlines would read.  Time magazine would include a tawdry sidebar story, "Affair Threatened Career."  We are almost to the Biblical account of David's death; look at what he wrote as he reflected on his life...2 “The LORD is my rock, my fortress, and my savior; 3 my God is my rock, in whom I find protection. He is my shield, the power that saves me, and my place of safety. He is my refuge, my savior, the one who saves me from violence. 4 I called on the LORD, who is worthy of praise, and he saved me from my enemies. 5 “The waves of death overwhelmed me; floods of destruction swept over me. 6 The grave wrapped its ropes around me; death laid a trap in my path. 7 But in my distress I cried out to the LORD; yes, I cried to my God for help. He heard me from his sanctuary; my cry reached his ears. 2 Samuel 22:2-7 (NLT)

To David, it was always about God's provision and not his own accomplishments.  I am grateful for the reminder!

No comments:

Post a Comment