Monday, May 30, 2011

May 30, Day 150

Today's Reading

Psalms 119. This is the longest chapter in the Bible It is divided into sections of 8 verses each.  The 22 sections are corresponding to the 22 letters in the Hebrew alphabet.

I like to think of this passage  as similar to traveling a long highway.  The first time down the highway, everything is new and different.  I'm sure that some of you can think of highways (like the ones between Yuma and Phoenix or Yuma and San Diego) that are so familiar you know almost every mile marker.  You know the terrain.  You know the view off in the distance.  If this is your first time to read this Psalm, travel through each verse as if it were a mile marker and take note of the ones which jump out at you.

Today I noticed that the Psalm 119 journey begins with, "Joyful are people of integrity, who follow the instructions of the LORD." Psalm 119:1 (NLT) and ends with, "I have wandered away like a lost sheep; come and find me, for I have not forgotten your commands." Psalm 119:176 (NLT). In other words, "I aspire to be a person of integrity who consistently follows Your ways, but I mess up and lose my way sometimes.  I haven't forgotten You, but I need to be called back when I stray.

No comments:

Post a Comment