Thursday, May 26, 2011

May 26, Day 146

Today's Reading

Psalms. I am grateful for the days when a passage speaks to something deep in my soul.  Such was the case today when I read, "1 LORD, my heart is not proud; my eyes are not haughty. I don’t concern myself with matters too great or too awesome for me to grasp. 2 Instead, I have calmed and quieted myself, like a weaned child who no longer cries for its mother’s milk. Yes, like a weaned child is my soul within me. 3 O Israel, put your hope in the LORD— now and always." Psalm 131:1-3 (NLT)

"Calmed and quieted myself..."  "...put your hope in the LORD -- now and always." I sure needed that!  Sometimes the "matters too great...for me..." are in areas for which I have human responsibility.  They are matters which, when I see something wrong, I can't fix.  I have seen a great difference in the things I CAN fix and those I can't.  I can't change the attitude of another person, for instance.  I can't force people I love to follow God's ways.  In short, I can lead, but I can't manipulate.  I am learning that lesson.

And I am learning to calm and quiet myself.  Sometimes.

No comments:

Post a Comment