Friday, May 6, 2011

May 6, Day 126

Today's Reading

Psalms. I found refreshment in the verses of these chapters today.  In a way, it's like trying to get a drink out of a fire hose, so I found certain paragraphs that particularly spoke to me.  The one that most stands out is...

16 He called for a famine on the land of Canaan, cutting off its food supply. 17 Then he sent someone to Egypt ahead of them— Joseph, who was sold as a slave. 18 They bruised his feet with fetters and placed his neck in an iron collar. 19 Until the time came to fulfill his dreams, the LORD tested Joseph’s character. 20 Then Pharaoh sent for him and set him free; the ruler of the nation opened his prison door. 21 Joseph was put in charge of all the king’s household; he became ruler over all the king’s possessions. 22 He could instruct the king’s aides as he pleased and teach the king’s advisers. Psalm 105:16-22 (NLT)

I want to remember that passage when I feel as if my feet are in fetters and I have an iron collar around my neck.  God is always at work!

No comments:

Post a Comment