Sunday, December 4, 2011

December 4, Day 338

Today's Reading



In his first letter, Paul told the Corinthian church to take action and discipline a man having an immoral relationship with his step-mother. They did. Now Paul writes a much more mature church. They have grown in spirit and have seen God do a work in the life of the immoral man.

I wrote that letter in great anguish, with a troubled heart and many tears. I didn't want to grieve you, but I wanted to let you know how much love I have for you.

I am not overstating it when I say that the man who caused all the trouble hurt all of you more than he hurt me. Most of you opposed him, and that was punishment enough. Now, however, it is time to forgive and comfort him. Otherwise he may be overcome by discouragement. So I urge you now to reaffirm your love for him. (2 Corinthians 2:4-8 NLT)


In the first letter, Paul needed to address many issues of practical immaturity in the church. This letter is much deeper. I pray that it will speak to us.

No comments:

Post a Comment