Tuesday, January 3, 2012

January 3

Today's Reading

Genesis. Our today includes a long list of people. Do you see any you recognize? C.S. Lewis had an interesting opinion on why the lifespan of people was so long back then. He said that it may have been because they lived such a relatively short time after our first parents ate from the Tree of Life. His idea was that the fruit of that tree made it difficult for people to die and that "problem" was passed down from generation to generation.

Any comments or questions about Noah and the ark?

Matthew. What do you notice about Jesus' encounter with the devil in the wilderness?

Psalms. How much do you struggle with fear? Today's Psalm reveals an area in which I need to grow. The picture of security in God's love is powerful and, truthfully, not always my experience. The way God facilitates my growth (and yours) is through trials. I am in one and really need this Psalm today.

Proverbs. I find it very tempting to think that life consists in my possessions. I know it's not true, but the temptation is real.

Every question is a good one. Every comment will be respected. I encourage you to jump in.

No comments:

Post a Comment