Wednesday, May 16, 2012

May 16


Today's Reading

1 Samuel. God intervened again and again, sparing David from Saul. Notice how God continued to bless David's humility and how Saul grew increasingly afraid of him. Reading this today has taught me a critical lesson: be cautious when an enemy fears you. He may think his best alternative is to destroy you.

Prophesying was some type of ecstatic utterance in which (apparently) the person doing it was so emotional that he lost awareness of what he was doing.

John. The conversation between Jesus and the religious leaders here in John 8 is perhaps the most adversarial of all those recorded. Jesus clearly identifies Himself as the Son of God ("My Father") and as God Himself ("Before Abraham was, I AM!"). He also clearly states that the religious leaders were blind to Him because they, in their ignorance and arrogance, thought that they could reach God through their own self-righteousness. Notice His strong indictment against the devil, a liar to the core. I have discovered that the enemy will intentionally quote Scripture to propagate his lies.

Psalms today calls me to compassion and generosity in my dealings with others. It also promises God's protection from the powers of darkness if I walk with Him.

Based on Proverbs today, I pray that we all hunger for knowledge and stay open to correction.

How about you? What are your thoughts and/or questions?

No comments:

Post a Comment