Thursday, May 24, 2012

May 24


Today's Reading

2 Samuel. In many ways this was the pinnacle of David's power. I heard someone recently talk about our spiritual battles including an "air war" and a "ground war." David and his army had to fight the enemy on the ground, but he was constantly praying for God's direction and provision (the air war). When God told David to wait until he heard the sound of marching in the tops of the trees, it was obviously an outward sign of the spiritual battle that was being fought over them. The armies of God marched in upon the demon hordes who were traveling with the enemy; when that battle was won, the ground war was much easier!

John. The longer I know Jesus, the more I am amazed at the simple power of His words.

Psalms. Keep me from lying to myself;
give me the privilege of knowing your instructions.
I have chosen to be faithful;
I have determined to live by your regulations.
I cling to your laws.
Lord , don't let me be put to shame! (Psalm 119:29-31 NLT)
O, how easily I lie to myself, convincing myself to compromise God's pure Word. These verses jumped off the page to me today.

Proverbs. As hard as it may be at the moment, correction is a great friend.

What do you see today, Climbing Companion? Do you have questions?

No comments:

Post a Comment