Tuesday, May 8, 2012

May 8


Today's Reading
1 Samuel. Samuel grew up in the midst of corruption, but, "As Samuel grew up, the Lord was with him, and everything Samuel said proved to be reliable." What a powerful statement. May people say the same about us!
John. Geologists tell us that a long time ago a river began to carve its way downward as it crossed a high plain. Over many centuries, that river created such a huge chasm that it is now called the Grand Canyon. I read this passage, aware that Jesus was carving a deeper and deeper gap between the beliefs of His contemporary religious leaders and the truth that God was giving in the Old Testament.
Psalms. How often have I doubted? How many times have I missed God's best because of my unbelief. Praise God that His faithful love endures forever.
Proverbs. I have struggled at times with worry and it makes me feel bad all over, just as a joyful heart can make you feel good all over.

What are your thoughts as you read? What speaks to you? What questions or comments do you want to share?

1 comment:

  1. The story in I Sam 4 really speaks to me. The Israelites know that God has power and that some of that power resides in the ark, but instead of seeking God and asking what they should do, they just drag God along while they do their own thing, expecting God to bless their plans.

    I wonder how often I do that. Instead of waiting on the Lord, I want to just get moving and drag God along behind me, praying 'bless my plans.' It's so much harder to listen for God's direction and patiently wait for His timing, but it always turns out so much better when I do!

    ReplyDelete