Friday, July 10, 2009

July 10

Today's Reading

1 Chronicles: we have (finally) moved from the list of names to the narrative. Saul lost the kingdom because of disobedience. He tried to hold onto it by his personal power. Have you ever made similar mistakes?

Acts: like Saul (above) the sailors went to sea when they were warned not to. Then they tried to make everything work out by their own ingenuity. What a mess! But God always has a plan!

Psalms: whether in the mountains, on the desert sands, or standing next to an ocean, God's majesty is everywhere. He has designed us for a very special place in His kingdom.

Proverbs: I have noticed that people with great means often have few genuine friends. Part of it may be because it is so easy for them to fill up their lives with what money can buy.

What are your thoughts today?

1 comment:

  1. True FRIENDS are hard to find. If anyone has more than one (other than God), he is blessed. I've been blessed a LOT in my life. GOD IS GOOD.
    I don't know why, but God has blessed me in so many ways. "Who am I that God is mindful..."
    I'll never understand.

    ReplyDelete