Thursday, July 16, 2009

July 16

Today's Reading

1 Chronicles: David and Solomon both exercised great wisdom as they dedicated themselves to build the Temple and worship God. They were building something that opened the way to God for all who had a heart to follow Him.

Romans: sin is universal. We are all guilty! There is only one adequate payment for sin and it was made by Jesus Christ, the Son of God, on the cross. The only way to clear our sin account with God is through faith, trusting in Christ alone for salvation. That's the Gospel in a nutshell!

Psalms: God loves the poor and oppressed. Do we?

Proverbs: thank you, Lord, for my wife. She is truly a gift to me!

What do you see today?

1 comment:

  1. Each year I read a different version (NIV, NKJ) of the Bible. I'm reading the NKJ this year. I don't know if it's the version or if God is just "revealing" Romans to me this time. I'm seeing the Book of Romans more ?clearly? this time than ever before. It's so obvious in proclaiming Christ. Why haven't I seen that before?!!

    ReplyDelete