Tuesday, July 21, 2009

July 21

Today's Reading

2 Chronicles: today's passage is the beginning of an historic time in God's presence at the dedication of the Temple.

Romans: we can be so much like little children. "Don't touch that hot iron," we say sternly. The next thing we know, the child is inching toward the iron wanting to see just what our command means. Because of sin, we do that with God's Law. On the other hand, the Law shows us our sin so that we can recognize our need for a Savior.

Psalms: I am not as confident as David was in this prayer. When God scrutinizes me, I'm not absolutely sure that He finds nothing wrong. That doesn't change the fact that I need His blessing to stand against the challenges of this life.

Proverbs: I admire loyalty, even when the person receiving it is very flawed. A loyal person has a special quality, from my point of view.

And what do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment