Tuesday, February 1, 2011

February 1, Day 32

Today's Reading

Exodus. The battle between good and evil heats up in today's passage. The powers of darkness had long kept people captive in Egypt. One by one, God had Moses take on the spirits. Pharaoh kept hardening his heart. After all, his nation had built their whole economy on slave labor. Sounds like some countries in our world today.

One verse jumped off the page at me.  "But this time I will spare the region of Goshen, where my people live. No flies will be found there. Then you will know that I am the LORD and that I am present even in the heart of your land." Exodus 8:22 (NLT) Whoa!  Here was the mightiest nation on the planet, steeped in various kinds of black arts and pagan worship and God makes it clear that He is present.  I take heart in that promise, especially when my world seems to be falling apart.

No comments:

Post a Comment