Friday, June 1, 2012

June 1


Today's Reading

2 Samuel. David the king had been betrayed; David the dad had just lost his son. It's hard to imagine the dilemma he felt. Joab, for all his impetuous action (often bordering on rebellion) was right about this. David needed to acknowledge those who fought bravely or he would lose his kingdom. The people were like sheep without a shepherd. Though many had followed Absalom, they were ready to return to David immediately. I can't understand how people can do this with so little thought, but I have experienced it.

John. "By believing in him you will have life by the power of his name." That's a powerful summation of the resurrection account! John knew that the responsibility of the disciples was simply to live their lives demonstrating Jesus' teaching and example by the power of the Holy Spirit. Then they were to declare what they had seen and let God do the work of drawing people to Jesus. It's like that for you and me, too.

Psalm 119. "Rescue me; bring me back when I stray; loose my tongue to sing your praise." These are the repetitive themes at the close of this prayerful Psalm. Amen!

Proverbs. Much authority is placed in the rulers of this world. Consequently, it is wise to live honorably toward them.

Climbing Companion, what do you see today? Questions?

No comments:

Post a Comment