Wednesday, June 13, 2012

June 13


Today's Reading

1 Kings. We can learn much from Solomon, both good and bad. On the one hand, he was wise, diligent and strong. On the other hand, he somehow got lured away from God by a love for many women. The enemy captivated him in his weak area and it caused pain to following generations for hundreds of years. The enemy knows our weak spots, too!

Acts. Saul became Paul in dramatic fashion. During the early days he was a Christian, Christians didn't fully trust him. At the same time the Jews began to detest him because they couldn't stand up to his arguments. As I grow older, I think about the simple faith of the man named Ananias. He had questions, but trusted God and played an important part in Paul's beginning as a follower of Christ.

Psalms. I hope you are touched as I am by the tender description of calming and quieting our souls before God. I certainly needed the reminder about obsessing over "matters too great or too awesome for me to grasp."

Proverbs. I must admit that I find it very easy to listen to bad news about people I don't care for. May God forgive me and help me to live above that mess.

And you? What is on your mind today?

No comments:

Post a Comment