Tuesday, May 26, 2009

May 26

Today's Reading

2 Samuel: as I read today's passage, it struck me that David's great victories -- accompanied by his magnanimous gestures to former enemies -- must have led him into pride. How else could he have given in to fleshly desires toward another man's wife, then have the other man killed?

John: the Holy Spirit keeps pointing us to Jesus. Our very existence depends upon Him. He is the vine, the source of life itself.

Psalms: as I prayed these verses, I was refreshed by one of my favorite verses (which happens to be in today's reading)...
"I pondered the direction of my life,
and I turned to follow your laws."


Proverbs: no matter how much information we have, it is God who must ultimately approve our plans and make them happen.

As you make plans for the summer, what do today's lessons say to you?

1 comment:

  1. It's so awesome and difficult to comprehend that I didn't choose God, He chose me and appointed me to go and bear fruit - lasting fruit.

    ReplyDelete