Thursday, May 7, 2009

May 7

Today's Reading

1 Samuel: my name comes from this heritage. Therefore, this story is extra personal to me. It opens a great history of Israel and her people.

John: Jesus' secret -- the way he knew what to do in each unique situation -- was to "see" what the Father was doing and do the same thing. One of the results of true spiritual growth is that we can "see" what God is up to more clearly and simply do those things.

Psalms: God poured out continuous blessings, longing for His people to know and follow Him. It is much the same today, but now the Holy Spirit enters our lives when we receive Jesus and God Himself is leading us from within our own hearts.

Proverbs: oh, how much damage is done by hot tempers. May God help us learn to control our tongues.

What do you see today, Climbing Companion?

1 comment:

  1. I am always struggling with trying to see what God is doing in the big picture and not getting caught up in the "now." I can see spiritual growth in me sometimes. Then there are others times I think I am behaving like my 20 month old. Then I feel bad when it works out for God's glory and I acted so selfishly. Somedays I feel like I just pray the same thing over and over and God must get so bored of it. I am so glad he still listens to me no matter what the prayer!

    ReplyDelete