Friday, May 8, 2009

May 8th

Today's Reading

1 Samuel: Samuel grew up in the midst of corruption, but, "As Samuel grew up, the Lord was with him, and everything Samuel said proved to be reliable." What a powerful statement. May people say the same about us!

John: geologists tell us that a long time ago a river began to carve its way downward as it crossed a high plain. Over many centuries, that river created such a huge chasm that it is now called the Grand Canyon. I read this passage, aware that Jesus was carving a deeper and deeper gap between the beliefs of the religious leaders and the truth that God was giving in the Old Testament.

Psalms: how often have I doubted? How many times have I missed God's best because of my unbelief. Praise God that His faithful love endures forever.

Proverbs: I have struggled at times with worry and it makes me feel bad all over. Just like the verse today.

What are your thoughts as you read?

No comments:

Post a Comment