Tuesday, September 1, 2009

September 1

Today's Reading

(Note to readers: if you started with as at the beginning of this calendar year, you are now 2/3 of the way home. Well done! We still have much to cover as we move toward conclusion of our journey through the Bible, so hang on.)

Job concludes with God challenging Job for his ignorance and unbelief. Finally, Job discovers the reality that God's ways are above ours. His final statement to the Lord is: "5 I had only heard about you before,
but now I have seen you with my own eyes.
6 I take back everything I said,
and I sit in dust and ashes to show my repentance.”
Elsewhere, James 4:10 says, "Humble yourself in the sight of the Lord and He will lift you up." That's exactly what He did with Job.

2 Corinthians: the message of Christianity is always the message of the Cross. The cross was where Jesus paid the full price of our sins. The cross is the place we come with repentant hearts, asking God to strip away our old lives and re-create us into the image of Christ.

Psalms: Ephesians 5 tells us that we who are in Christ are the Bride and Jesus Christ Himself is the Bridegroom. It really enhances this Psalm for me when I read it in that light.

When I read Proverbs today, I thought of all the spam that sneaks through my online stuff (almost all is filtered from my email, but it comes in through places like Skype and Twitter). Again and again, I get lurid invitations.

How does the Scripture today relate to you?

No comments:

Post a Comment