Sunday, September 27, 2009

September 27

Today's Reading

I found myself reading Isaiah 53 and changing the plural pronouns to the first person singular. We becomes I. Our becomes my. It moved me to think of the greatness of the sacrifice which Christ made for me.

On another note, (Isa 52:6)

Ephesians: The more I think about it, the church in 21st Century USA has many struggles with the sins in Ephesians 5. I pray that God will convict us and draw us back to Him.

Psalms: David wanted God to make it clear who the people are that genuinely love Him and who the people are that are hypocrites. That day is coming!

Proverbs: may you and I be wise and not be people for whom wisdom is "too lofty!"

What thoughts and questions do you have today?

2 comments:

  1. I'm a little confused by one of the verses in the Psalms passage where the writer is asking for his enemies' names to be erased from the Book of Life? What do you think about that?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Ranelle. I figured I would get that question, but not at 5:30 a.m. local time! It's very likely that David didn't have the developed sense of the Book of Life like we find in the book of Revelation. He just wanted God to judge them and may have meant that he wanted them dead. Remember that David is the same person (Psalm 51) who said, "Then will I teach transgressors Your ways and sinners shall be converted to you."

    That said, David was pretty raw with God about his feelings. That's a good pattern for us to follow.

    ReplyDelete