Monday, September 27, 2010

September 27

Today's Reading

I found myself reading Isaiah 53 and changing the plural pronouns to the first person singular. We becomes I. Our becomes my. It moved me to think of the greatness of the sacrifice which Christ made for me.

On another note, 6 But I will reveal my name to my people, and they will come to know its power. Then at last they will recognize that I am the one who speaks to them. (Isa 52:6). Read the book of Acts again. See the example of power in Jesus' Name. You and I who know Christ also bear the power of that Name, as long as our motives are His kingdom.

Ephesians. The more I think about it, the church in 21st Century USA has many struggles with the sins in Ephesians 5. I pray that God will convict us and draw us back to Him.

Psalms. David wanted God to clearly identify the people who genuinely love Him and the people who are hypocrites. That day is coming!

Proverbs. May you and I be wise and not be people for whom wisdom is "too lofty!"

What thoughts and questions do you have today?

No comments:

Post a Comment