Tuesday, September 7, 2010

September 7

Today's Reading

Song of Solomon contains a very descriptive story about marital love. It includes loneliness and dreams, hopes and fears. It adds in the occasional warning: "Don't awaken love before it's time." In other words, wait for the physical expression of love until after the commitment of a lifetime together in marriage.

2 Corinthians. Our church has experienced the blessings Paul described, especially through our partnerships in the Dominican Republic and Mexico. We have at times shared in providing some of their needs. In turn, they are constantly praying for us. What a blessing!

Psalms. "16 You do not desire a sacrifice, or I would offer one.
You do not want a burnt offering.
17 The sacrifice you desire is a broken spirit.
You will not reject a broken and repentant heart, O God."
This Psalms should be present often in our thinking and praying.

Proverbs. Hot-tempered people are everywhere. We do well to keep our distance from them.

What has touched your heart today?

1 comment:

  1. Some thing I noticed this morning with fresh eyes was in Psalm 51:12. David asks the Lord to restore to him the joy of His salvation . . . not the joy of "my" salvation as I have often thought it said. Another thing is that David also asks for the Lord to make him willing to obey God. So many times I try and bring myself around to be willing to obey God. The part of faith that I'm missing is that I can lay that in God's lap. He is faithful to do that.

    ReplyDelete