Friday, April 22, 2011

April 22, Day 112

Today's Reading

Psalms. The days are rare when I don't spend a chunk of time in the Scriptures.  I have been doing so for many years and it feels natural to view the world through their lens.  I enjoy taking a few minutes each day to work on this little blog; it's recreational for me to open the day's reading and think about how to help you as you are reading it.

It has been a while, though, since my soul was thirsty for a fresh word from the Word.  Today I didn't need a word to preach or teach, I needed a word for me.  The combination of Easter week and a variety of critical tasks have left me feeling overwhelmed.  The physical repercussions of the stress are starting to drag on me as well.  Therefore, some verses from Psalms today were like drinks of fresh water...

7 I will bless the Lord who guides me; even at night my heart instructs me.8 I know the Lord is always with me. I will not be shaken, for he is right beside me. (Psalm 16)

12 How can I know all the sins lurking in my heart? Cleanse me from these hidden faults.13 Keep your servant from deliberate sins! Don’t let them control me. Then I will be free of guilt and innocent of great sin.14 May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing to you, O Lord, my rock and my redeemer. (Psalm 19)

4 He asked you to preserve his life, and you granted his request. The days of his life stretch on forever. (Psalm 21)

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE Psalm 19 too. Thanks, Sam.
    We've been remembering to pray for you more with that bookmark you gave out at the prayer training. You're in our thoughts often.
    I hope you find rest after this exciting and exhausting weekend. I'm very excited that my friend, Courtney, who hasn't attended church in years is coming this Sunday with us. Pray that she follows God's call for her life.
    Love you!
    Meg

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying for Courtney. Praise God for this open door!

    ReplyDelete