Friday, April 8, 2011

April 8, Day 98

Today's Reading

1 Samuel.  My name comes from this heritage, for my mother was like Hannah: childless and offering to dedicate her firstborn to the Lord. Therefore, this story is extra personal to me.  (I didn't know about my mom's commitment until after I felt God's specific call into ministry when I was 18 years old.) It opens a great history of Israel and her people.

Religious corruption is not something new!  Samuel grew up in the midst of such corruption, but, "As Samuel grew up, the Lord was with him, and everything Samuel said proved to be reliable." What a powerful statement. May people say the same about us!

3 comments:

  1. Your Mother is a wise woman. She named you well.
    What a blessing. Thank you for listening to and acting upon "your calling".

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen about my mom, Chewie. And thank you for your kind words. I am deeply grateful for God's work in my life.

    ReplyDelete