Friday, December 28, 2012

December 28


Today's Reading
Zechariah"10 Then I will pour out a spirit of grace and prayer on the family of David and on the people of Jerusalem. They will look on me whom they have pierced and mourn for him as for an only son. They will grieve bitterly for him as for a firstborn son who has died."Obviously, this describes grief over the cries of "Crucify Him!" I'm not sure if it will signify repentance or just a recognition of their sins after it is too late to repent.
Revelation. At the Last Supper, Jesus promised, "I will not drink the fruit of the vine again until I drink it anew in my Father's kingdom." In this passage, we are given a glimpse of the coming wedding feast when all of us who know Him will share the meal with Him! Amen!
Psalms"10 He takes no pleasure in the strength of a horse or in human might. 11 No, the Lord’s delight is in those who fear him, those who put their hope in his unfailing love." As you and I watch this year come to an end and we prepare for a new year, may these verses picture our lives!
Proverbs. While the New Testament gives us much freedom in areas like drinking (but not being drunk), this is a great counter-balance, with a warning to be careful. It is especially targeted at those who would lead.
What is speaking to you today?

No comments:

Post a Comment