Saturday, December 29, 2012

December 29


Today's Reading
Today's chapter of Zechariah has a direct relationship to some of what we just read in Revelation. It also picture a river flowing out of Jerusalem in the same way as Ezekiel did at the end of his writing. It's great how the Bible passages relate to one another, even though written over hundreds of years in different locations.
Revelation. The thousand year reign of Christ before the final judgment: literal or symbolic? You will find persuasive arguments on both sides by conservative Biblical scholars. I tend to think symbolic, but I will be happy however God does it!
Psalms. On the morning I wrote this, I was running alone long before daylight. I was entering the campus of the local college, which sits on the edge of the desert. Just ahead of me in the dark, the headlamp I wear caught the movement of a little bunny scurrying across the road in front of me. Those rabbits are everywhere at that time of day and I have delighted in their hippity-hoppity activities. Reading this Psalm makes me think about how they give God praise simply by living their precarious lives.
Proverbs. There is a time to speak up; a time to fight. It is for the helpless who cannot speak for themselves.
What has spoken to you today?

No comments:

Post a Comment